Shamrock Smoothie



I must confess that I have loved Shamrock shakes for as long as I can remember, but I haven’t had one this year because I am determined that I need to want for me what I want for my daughter...healthy food.  And I’m sorry friends but the shamrock shake isn’t heathy.  So for those of you resisting the once a year temptation I have a great recipe for you just in time for St. Patty’s Day!  It doesn’t taste exactly like a shamrock shake but it is delicious and light on the guilt.  Enjoy!

Shamrock Smoothie 
1/4 of a ripe avocado 
1 tbsp FINELY chopped fresh mint
1 tbsp chopped fresh spinach
Milk for thinning ( I used coconut milk) 
Organic Chocolate Chips (optional) for topping

Blend ingredients together in a blender until a shake/ smoothie consistency is reached.  Top with chocolate chips if desired.  Both Bebe B and I adored this special treat.  

*I try to avoid refined sugar at all costs, see why.  The organic frozen yogurt I used is made with naturally milled organic sugar, in moderation I am okay with this.

Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us