Smoothie of the Week: She's My Cherry Pie



Now that the weather is warming up and Spring is right around the corner I decided to start a new weekly post titled “Smoothie of the Week” where I will share a new smoothie recipe Bebe B and I try. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE smoothies...they are easy, healthy and super YUM!  Here is this week’s recipe:

She’s My Cherry Pie Smoothie
Ingredients:
1 banana
3/4 cup frozen cherries 
about 1/2 cup plain soy milk or almond milk
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
sprinkle of cinnamon
sprinkle of grated nutmeg




Blend everything together in a blender- that’s it.  This is a perfect recipe to allow children to help with.  Bebe B loved putting the banana pieces into the blender, pushing the button and watching everything whizz around!  This smoothie tasted so much like cherry pie I couldn’t believe it.  Both Bebe B and I sucked it down in record time.  You could leave out the soy milk and make a thicker puree for babies 7 months and older.  This would also be great with fresh cherries as they come into season.





This recipe is vegetarian and gluten-free.



Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us