Smoothie of the Week: Mango Madness



Here is week two of...“Smoothie of the Week” (where I will share a new smoothie recipe Bebe B and I try)

This weeks recipe is a creation born from two great deals I found.  The first one was organic strawberries on sale for $3.29 for a 16 oz. package!!! So I practically cleaned out the whole lot of them...needless to say I will be using strawberries in a lot of recipes this week.  Second deal I found was yesterday at Whole Foods Market they had gotten in a ton of Ataulfo mangos that were on sale for $1 each, which I adore. They are smooth, soft and sweet...so perfect for smoothies.  These mangos are a bright banana yellow when ripe.

To see a wonderful post from last spring written by James Parker for the Whole Story (Whole Foods Market blog) and find out all about mangos click HERE!

So without further delay, here is this week’s recipe:

Mango Madness Smoothies
Ingredients:
1 1/2 ripe mangos (any variety will work)
1 cup of strawberries (I put them in the freezer for about an hour before)
1/4 of a ripe avocado
1/2-3/4 cup soy milk (any type of milk will work)
a few ice cubes

Toss everything in the blender and whizz up 
until you have a perfectly pink smoothie.  You 
can add more or less of the soy milk depending
on how thin you like it!  Also you can omit the
ice...I only added the ice to cool it a bit since
the mango and avocado were both room temp.
This was a big hit with Bebe B and with Dee who is home today.  Super YUM, empty glasses all around!



This recipe is vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free.



(disclaimer: none of my website or blog content is sponsored and I have not received any compensation or product...these are simply my opinions:)

Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us