Spring French Toast



Spring is truly in the air.  I’m sitting here typing with the windows open listening to the neighborhood kids bounce basketballs in their driveway and it sounds wonderful.  I am so ready to say good-bye to winter and welcome in some warmth and sunshine.  I created a new “Spring” recipe for breakfast this weekend and I thought I would share!

Spring French Toast: (10 Months+)
6-8 slices Whole Grain Bread
2 Eggs 
1/2 cup Milk ( I use Soy or Almond Milk)
1/2 cup Carrot Puree (recipe below)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla

Simply whisk together everything but the bread until well blended.  Dip the bread in the mixture, coating both sides evenly.  Then cook in a skillet on medium low heat until well toasted on each side.  Enjoy!  Bebe B loved these cut up into bite size pieces and topped with cream cheese, Dee had them with ketchup (He is nuts I know) and I had them with a touch or pure maple syrup.  I was able to make these 100% organic and even had enough to cut into strips and freeze for future breakfasts of Spring French Toast Sticks!  I would recommend  they can be frozen for up to 2 months.

Carrot Puree 
Steam about 2 cups of cleaned chopped carrots till very tender.  If you are steaming them on the stove you will need about 2 inches of water and need to steam for about 10-15 minutes.  Once carrots are tender allow them to cool for a few minutes then puree in a food processor or blender until smooth.  You can add extra water to thin it out a bit if desired.  I don’t recommend using the cooking liquid for root vegetables like carrots because some soils are a bit too high in nitrates you don’t want in your baby or you.  This recipe will keep in the fridge up to 3 days and freezer up to 3 months.

Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us