Eat Along Challenge: Day 3



Bebe B and I went grocery shopping today, our local Hyvee offers 10% off everything in their “health market” section of the store EVERY Thursday!  It doesn’t include Organic produce but it does include the organic cooler and freezer section.  This adds up quickly.  Today we saved $13.  Of course they don’t have everything we buy but they do have a lot of it.  

Today’s Lunch:
Bean & Rice Burrito (about 1/3 of it, I ate the other 2/3)
Applesauce w/ Alphabet Cookies
Ladybugs and Ants on a Log (celery, cream cheese, dried cranberries and dried blueberries)
Cost per serving (for my 2 year old) $2.15



From Monday’s Post:
“One of the blogs I read regularly is Fed Up With Lunch: The School Lunch Project.  Mrs. Q, an anonymous teacher, has been eating the school lunch where she teaches for almost a year now and blogging about it.  If you haven’t checked it out I highly recommend you do.   This week she is running a challenge to pack healthy lunches for $3 or less a lunch.  I will blog about Bebe B’s lunches this week to rise to the challenge.  I am blessed to have Bebe B at home with me but many/most of the things she (we) eat for lunch are very packable too (if you are packing your child’s lunch for daycare or school and looking for ideas).”

Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us