People Still Read the Newspaper



I awoke to my phone beeping at me Friday morning letting me know I had a new text message.  hmm, kind of early for texts.  I rubbed the sleep from my eyes to find texts and emails telling me what a great article and how excited they were to see me in the paper.  What??  Oh yeah I had been pre-occupied with preparing for Welcome to Motherland,  an art show for an evolving community art project about new motherhood that I am a part of.  Bebe Meals was also doing the food for the event so I had been busy planning, shopping and cooking.  I had completely forgotten about the article and when it was to run.

I was thinking “wow, a lot of people read the paper and they must read it all if they caught the little piece on baby food making”.  Once Bebe B was awake and we had our breakfast I could no longer contain my curiosity.  We hopped in the car and headed out to grocery store to get a paper.   And there it was...first page of the taste section...giant pictures....teaser at the top of the front page of the paper!  I was so excited I bought two and giddily shouted “that’s us, that article is about us” while pointing to the paper.  She may have thought I was a bit nutty but I couldn’t contain my joy.  The article (by Chris Martell) was wonderful and I hope inspirational to parents to make healthy food for their babies, their toddlers, their kiddos, their families.  

I have received so much positive feedback from the article that I am convinced...people still read the newspaper.  Hooray for newspapers!


The online article can be viewed HERE.  Thank you to the author Chris Martell and photographer Michelle Stocker.

Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us