First Foods ~ Here We Go


I knew for a long time I wanted to make Bebe Bs baby food, that's why I was overjoyed when D gave me the Beaba Babycook for Christmas, even though I knew I wouldn't need it for months. Now I knew I could make her healthy organic food.   When Bebe B was about 5 months old she started to give us the signs she was ready to try some solid foods.  She sat up on her own, she reached out for our food and she made little smacking noises with her lips as she watched us eating.

We started her with Sweet potatoes in April when she was 6 months old and she adored them.  An easy recipe: simply roast one large sweet potato (I recommend organic) in the oven on a lightly oiled (to prevent sticking) pan for about 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until very tender when poked with a knife. Then after the potato cools a bit simply scoop out the guts from the skin and puree till smooth. I added breast milk to thin it out in the beginning and then formula when I was out of that. You can freeze in ice trays and store for up to 3 months. Here is a link to a set that is BPA free and comes with lids!


In the beginning one potato makes quite a bit to last a long time but as they grow batches can as well also as we got close to 7 months I added nutmeg and cinnamon to them.


Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us