April Fool's Carrots...and some news



I’M BACK!!!!!  It’s been a long two months and I have really missed this.  I promise I have a really good reason for my absence, which I’ll share after I share this delicious and fun recipe!  This one is perfect for April Fool’s Day and little ones will adore helping make them almost as much as they will adore eating them.  I created the recipe to be a snack but I couldn't wait this morning so we made them for breakfast.  Bebe B loved them and how cool is it that I got her to eat carrots for breakfast?


April Fool’s Carrots - 11 Months+
Ingredients:
 3-4 carrots (shredded)
1 cup cream cheese
½ cup pretzels (crushed)
1 tbsp. rosemary (finely chopped)
parsley for garnish

I love this recipe because it ends up looking like little carrots! Start by having the kids help you crush the pretzels, I like to put them in a plastic bag and give Bebe B a rolling pin.  You can also grind them up in a food processor.  Another fun substitution for pretzels is cereal.  Next mix the cream cheese, crushed pretzels and rosemary till well combined.  The mixture should be thick.  Next take the cream cheese mixture in spoonfuls and shape into little carrot shapes then roll them in shredded carrots till completely covered, kids love this part.  Lastly add some parsley or lettuce to the end to look like carrot greens!  These tricky treats taste good by themselves or on crackers!  This recipe makes about 10 little carrots (depending on their size).  This recipe is vegetarian.  





AND, Without further delay Bebe B would like to announce.....



She will have a new Bebe sibling, coming this September!  

It has been a rough first trimester where I couldn’t even look at pictures of food without running for the bathroom so I’m afraid creating recipes, preparing food and blogging about food was completely unappealing.  Thankfully I’m starting to have more and more periods of time where I feel better and even like food again.  So I’m looking forward to getting back to sharing my recipes, restaurant reviews, “Puree Mondays” and the adventures of feeding a toddler!

Comments

  1. So glad you are back! I stumbled upon your site while looking for recipes to cook in my new Babycook. I have made it through so many (thankyou!!!) and now have a 10 month old on my hands! After 4 cookbooks and various other web searches I keep coming back here. They are the best. Congratulations and look forward to what you have up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray Caroline! Glad you found me:) I promise we have more great recipes in the works!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us