Smoothie of the Week: Double Time



This is week five and six of...“Smoothie of the Week” (where I will share a new smoothie recipe Bebe B and I try).  We have still been having our weekly smoothies but I haven’t posted them in a couple weeks!  Busy momma:)  So here is last week’s recipe and the week before.  These were both good but the strawberry almond one was excellent!!  I think we will be making that one again soon.  I hope you give them a try...if you do come back and share how you and your bebe like them!


Strawberry Almond Smoothie
1 cup fresh organic strawberries (sliced and frozen in the freezer for 24 hrs or so)
2 tbsp organic almond creamy butter (I always recommend organic for any nuts or nut butters when you can)
1/2 cup organic almond milk (I accidentally got an almond/ soy milk blend but it worked)
1/2 banana
1/4 cup plain yogurt

Whizz it all up together in a blender!  It may take a little longer than some to get the almond butter blended in evenly but it’s worth it.  Super yummy.

This recipe is vegetarian and gluten-free.





Do You Like Pina-Coladas...Smoothie
1/2 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk (I found this in the Whole Foods Brand)
1/2 cup fresh pineapple cubed
1/2 cup frozen melon cubes (I used the cantaloupe I cubed and froze when we made the Melli-Vanilli smoothies a few weeks back)

Whizz it up! You may have to add more or less of the coconut milk depending on how thin/ thick you want it.  This one was awesome...and yes I do like Pina Coladas.  Wait till you see the funky smoothie we are making this week!

This recipe is vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free.

Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us