Nana-Pumpkin Oat Bread



One thing I love doing when creating recipes is trying different types of flours to bake with.  I recently picked up some whole grain oat flour I knew I had to test out.  Here is one of the recipes I came up with and man did it ROCK!  The house smelled awesome for 24 hours and between Bebe B, Dee, freezing a couple slices we polished it off fast.  It tasted like a moist bite of heaven.  I love when I get it so right, kind of makes up for the times I get it wrong (like the sweet potato pancake muffins that tasted like rocks I tried last month)  So without further delay...Here it is, I really hope you try this one cause it is ...YUM.

Nana-Pumpkin Oat Bread - 12 Months+
Ingredients:
1/2 cup oat flour (whole grain)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp ground flax meal
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup organic sugar
1/4 cup organic brown sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
1 1/2 ripe bananas
1  cup pureed pumpkin 
1 tbsp pure organic agave nectar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped organic walnuts or pecans

Combine flours, flax, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.  In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until well mixed then beat in eggs (one at a time), yogurt and vanilla.  In a small bowl mash banana, pumpkin and agave together.  Beat nana-pumpkin mix into butter mix. Fold dry ingredients into the wet mixture until combined, batter will be thick.  Fold in the nuts and pour into a buttered loaf pan.  Bake for about 50 minutes in a 350 degree F oven. A tooth pick should come out clean when poked into the center.  

Enjoy!  

This recipe is vegetarian.

Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us