Springy Snack Mix


I created this recipe a few years ago when teaching my springtime snacks class (I have two of them coming up in April).  I wanted a savory trail mix, but how to add veggies? Dried veggies, ah ha!  Both girls love this mix and it was recently a big hit at our cooking club with both parents and little ones.  Easy, yummy, healthy...doesn't get much better than that.

Springy Snack Mix -12 Months +
Ingredients:
2 cups Cereal (I like using WHOLE O's)
1/2 cup Dried Veggies (I like using THESE & THESE)
1/2 cup Sunflower or Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 cup Nuts (I like to use almonds, pecans and cashews)
1/2 cup Pretzels (I like to use THESE)
1/2 cup small Crackers (I like to use THESE)
6 TBSP pure Butter or Earth Balance (non-hydrogenated spread)
3 tbsp pure Vegetable Juice or Tomato Juice
2 tbsp Italian Seasoning (or other favorite dried herb)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees (f).  Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.  Kids love this part!! Melt the butter or earth balance with the veggie juice and seasoning and whisk.  Pour over the dry ingredients and stir till all of the items have a glossy coat.  Place on parchment lined baking sheet(s), with the layer being no thicker than an inch or so.  Bake for 20-30 minutes.  Allow to cool for 10 minutes.  Store in an airtight container for up to a week!




This recipe is vegetarian, for vegan use earth balance.  For gluten-free omit pretzels and use gluten-free crackers.

Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us