Harvest Cranberry Dip


If your family is anything like mine than your plan of enjoying Thanksgiving dinner around noon turns into three or four pm. Somehow no matter who is hosting; my parents, siblings or my husband and I, we never start the meal in a timely fashion. There’s always one more side dish to go in the oven or someone shows up with rolls that still need baking or we forget the mashed potatoes and my sister would rather jump back on a boat to the old world than celebrate a mashed potatoless Thanksgiving.
I created this recipe years ago as a healthy appetizer for pre-dinner snacking. Perfectly light so you don’t get stuffed before you can have stuffing! I have been making it so long I have never even written it down…until now. You can thank me later. This is also a wonderful recipe to make after Thanksgiving and use up all your leftover cranberry sauce...

Harvest Cranberry Dip
Ingredients:
1 can Cranberry Sauce (or 1.5 cups homemade) – I use Whole Food’s 365 Organic brand or homemade
1 8oz. package of Cream Cheese, softened (I use Kite Hill almond milk cream cheese)
2 tbsp Goat Cheese (substitute with Kite Hill Ricotta for dairy-free)
3/4 cup Sliced Almonds
2 medium Green Onions, Chopped
1/2 cup Arugula, chopped
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 350 (f) degrees. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and stir till well combined. Spread into a baking dish or pie plate and bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm with veggies and crackers.


Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us