Farm Salad...Is is Summer Yet?



I am participating once again in the Wisconsin Whisk "all whisked up". A chance to make and share a recipe from another Whisk member. This month I was assigned the blog Wisconsin Fun Next Exit. The author Erica chronicles her food, travel and life adventures at her simple and chic space of the internet. Currently I'm dreaming of spring which melts into the long days of summer, soup and stew recipes...I'm kind of over you right now. I decided on a recipe Erica shared a few summers back when she worked on a farm in exchange for fresh veggies (sounds like a fun trade to me). I had to make a few changes because well it's February still here in Wisconsin but I tried to stay true to her recipe.  I love the homemade dressing...tangy and balances the greens well!

Farm Salad by Erica from Wisconsin Fun Next Exit
Ingredients:
Dressing -
Garlic
Salt
Lemon Juice
Red Wine Vinegar (I used balsamic)
Stone Ground Mustard
Olive Oil
Fresh Herbs

Greens; combinations of lettuces, spinach, kale (washed and dried) (I used romaine, iceberg, spinach and kale)
Veggies (summer squash, cucumber, kohlrabi, radishes, etc) (I used cucumbers because they were all I had)
Optional add-ins: Sprouted lentils, sliced dried figs, hard boiled egg, parmesan cheese... ( I used dried figs, blackberries, almond milk ricotta, pistachios and sprouts)

The recipe says to smash the garlic and salt into a paste, used my garlic press because I prefer a subtle garlic flavor to most things. Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and toss over salad ingredients!


This made a great lunch!
Check out more All Whisked Up recipes...



Comments

  1. Yes, this salad calls to me! I am longing for summer too! But alas I can't be "tired of soup" yet--my spare refrigerator is still too full from last year's CSA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm just tired of winter...but I'm guessing I'll be back to soup next week:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us