Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies


These cookies are a nutrition powerhouse.  I'm pretty sure the ingredients will scare a few people but I promise they taste delicious.  My girls and I gobbled them up at lightning speed.  My husband was less enthusiastic but I caught him eating a few.  Plus they taste great dunked in almond milk!


Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked Oats
1 cup cooked Chickpeas, rinsed (about 1 can)
1/2 cup Nut or Seed Butter
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded Coconut
1 1/2 RIPE Bananas
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
dash Sea Salt
3/4 cup Chocolate Chips (I used Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (f).  Add the oats to a food processor and pulse a few times.  Add the chickpeas, nut or seed butter, coconut, bananas, maple syrup, nutmeg and sea salt.  Purée for a minute or two until you have a thick batter.   Transfer to bowl and fold in chocolate chips.  Scoop spoonfuls unto parchment lined baking sheets, flatten a bit and bake for 12-15 minutes.  Allow to cool before serving.  Makes about 20 cookies.  Store in an airtight container in the fridge.  











Comments

  1. Hello, I make these occasionally. Than can be really good depending on how ripe the banana is. Anywhere I can find the nutritional info like if you're trying to track your food for a diet?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us