Madison Sourdough - Restaurant Review



This restaurant review is LONG overdue!!  Only about a year...I started getting morning (i.e. all day) sickness right around the time I did this review and never got a chance to post it, then it got a bit forgotten, which was not intentional because it’s a fab little joint.  Madison Sourdough Cafe is a local place which we visited for breakfast.  I ordered a mocha and a blueberry scone, I was delighted when they gave me the coffee in a glass mason jar mug (how cute).  I ordered for Bebe B off the Children’s Menu two eggs scrambled which came with fresh fruit.  She gobbled it up (my memory is not great but I have the pictures to prove it).  

So Sweet



Yum!

We didn’t have any of their fresh baked bread but I have purchased it at Whole Foods Market before and it’s wonderful.  The cafe itself is sweet, full of mis-matched wood tables and chairs and big windows.  They do have highchairs as well.  One draw back is there isn’t a ton of parking but we were able to find a spot in the adjoining lot.  Another plus is that they use local ingredients!!  From their Website : “We proudly serve dairy from Sassy Cow Creamery, eggs from Yuppie Hill Poultry and New Century Farms, and beef and pork from Fountain Prairie. We use local and seasonal ingredients whenever possible.”  Prices are fair and all items on the Children’s Menu are $4.95.  Bebe B (and Bebe I) and I will be visiting this place again soon for lunch and I’ll add any new info and favorites I find. Hours are Monday through Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. The kitchen serves breakfast and lunch from open until 2:30 p.m. daily – after that, beverages (coffee based/tea), soup, bread and pastries are available from 2:30 p.m. -5:00 p.m. (also free wi-fi is available to patrons).

Oranges!!


Footnote:  This is a completely unbiased review, I received no compensation for this review.  We paid for our meals ourselves.

Madison Sourdough is located at 916 WILLIAMSON STREET, MADISON WI 53703

Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us