Washington Hotel Coffee Room: Restaurant Review



To quote Bebe B, “I’M BACK”, she likes to announce this anytime she leaves your line of sight for a moment, then returns.  I was a little burnt out on restaurant reviews but I’m feeling refreshed , revived and ready to search out the cool pockets and corners of this city till I have found all the restaurant treasures for families!!  Recently Bebe B and I checked out the Washington Hotel Coffee Room.  My mother recently discovered it attached to a cool yarn shop called  Lakeside Fibers.  To describe this place in one word is “character”...the place has oodles of it. 



According to their menu “virtually all of our food and beverages are organically grown and sustainably produced.”  The patrons were mostly people working at their computers and staring at the wonderful lake view through the huge windows.  The place was not designed with kids in mind but I did not feel out of place at all.  They even had a highchair.  They also had some beautiful areas for outdoor eating.  The menu looked great.  They didn’t have a specific kids menu but the prices seemed reasonable and there were plenty of choices.  I decided to be economical and share with Bebe B today.   I ordered the “Organic Peanut Butter Sandwich” which the menu listed as “your choice of bread with bananas and honey”.  I also ordered a side of wheatberry salad (which was one of the sides of the day).  I was a little disappointed the sandwich came with jam...no bananas, no honey.  Plus it was way too much jam.  Both Bebe B and I had trouble eating it because it was so sweet.  The wheatberry salad we polished off though and Bebe B ate out all the cranberries before I could blink!  So the moral of that story is double check things come they way you want them.  As I was leaving I asked what type of jam it was and found out it was a local blackberry jam.  Next time I think we will just ask for “no jam...bananas please”.  



Overall I was pleased and I know we will return.  I’m looking forward to trying some of the homemade soup my mother was raving about. Also they have a “Quiche of the Day” everyday.  Oh and of course let’s not forget...they have coffee!  The place it’s self has an open, eclectic yet homey feel to it.  Bebe B and I even saw a park nearby we plan to check out next time!



Footnote:  This is a completely unbiased review, I received no compensation for this review.  We paid for our meals ourselves.

Washington Hotel Coffee Room is located at 402 W Lakeside St, Madison, WI 53715

Comments

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Follow Us on Instagram

Connect with Us